Having just got my new Dock (No.14) I have plugged it up to my Hi-Fi. As I listen to most of my music via my PC with a set of Sennheiser HD590 Headphones plugged directly into my Soundblaster Audigy2, I thought I would plug the Dock into the Line In.

I was a little disappointed with the sound quality. I would like to add this is nothing to do with the Dock or the Empeg, but I pick up background computer noise (HD and network etc...) from the line in of the soundcard itself and thats why I usually mute the channel.

So I thought I would get on and get a Coax Digital Out Board and wire it up via the mic in as I see no future use for it. And Mark kindly sent me 2 pins to do the job too. I have a few questions...

1 - Why is the postage for international orders $40 ??? For a little board ! This is seriously putting me off, it was only $15 to get the dock here. I understand it is a secure transit etc... but for what must only be a tiny package it seems steep.

2 - Has anyone with a digital output board tried pluging it into the CD SPDIF input of a soundblaster, will it work ??? The Audigy2 has no External SPDIF in so I will have to custome make a cable to the internal Digital CD in.

3 - What is the chance of damaging the Empeg soldering the thing on, I have limited soldering experience, I know I can't SMD stuff, is it just normal spacing ???

4 - Will it be worth the effort, or should I just get a better soundcard ???

Cheers

Cris.

Edited by Cristian (26/04/2003 07:20)