In reply to:

1 - Why is the postage for international orders $40 ??? For a little board ! This is seriously putting me off, it was only $15 to get the dock here. I understand it is a secure transit etc... but for what must only be a tiny package it seems steep.

Simple, it goes by the fastest way possible via FedEx. I hate dealing with the postal service here and its innumerable forms when sending things abroad. We have an account with FedEx and use them for all international shipping. Typically 2nd day air is what you can expect to get. They don't do surface on internation shipments as far as I know. Trust me, we don't make any money off of the shipping. In fact, we have issued shipping refunds in the past. It's just that PayPal does not allow for flexibility in shipping charges.

In reply to:

2 - Has anyone with a digital output board tried pluging it into the CD SPDIF input of a soundblaster, will it work ??? The Audigy2 has no External SPDIF in so I will have to custome make a cable to the internal Digital CD in.

I have an Audigy 2 too, so not on a Soundblaster, but on the digital input of another sound card, yes. Sounds very good all things considered. Tony mentioned that you need to eliminate ground loops first and foremost, which is true, but I didn't see that specifically mentioned in your post. Is the noise there only when you plug something into the line in, or is it there, even when nothing is plugged in? My Audigy 2 has no such noise.

In reply to:

3 - What is the chance of damaging the Empeg soldering the thing on, I have limited soldering experience, I know I can't SMD stuff, is it just normal spacing ???

I suppose if you shorted something or managed to reverse the polarity, you might damage something, although if you follow the directions its hard to miss. There is one surface mount lead that you have to solder to on the crystal, but that's it, and it's not small at all. The other 4 connections are through hole pads spaced .1" I believe. Still if you don't know what you are doing with the soldering iron, I advise you to stay away from doing the installation.

In reply to:

4 - Will it be worth the effort, or should I just get a better soundcard ???

If you really are getting noise in the line connecting to the line in that you cannot eliminate, then I guess it would be worth it, but otherwise no. Computer sound cards generally are not well known for their sound quality regardless of the quality of the card. I think it would go unnoticed.

Stu