Unfortunatly I chose a small shuttle cube case last time I upgraded as I thought I would not need to upgrade, but it is quite a limiting system, ie I can't change the PSU I upgraded the soundcard in the one and only PCI slot to get rid of the awful gound loop problem on the onboard one.

I have no problem with the output of the Audigy2, only the input, I don't think it is ground loop, as I can plug in a battery powered device (my Riot) and still get the same problem, but it does sound like it is being generated on the sound card as I can hear the harddrive activity etc...

maczrool

I didn't think you were on the make on the shipping, but it is 40% of the price of the unit, in my book FEDEX it a bit of an overkill just for a PCB, if I were sending my Empeg then sure. If I bug you enough will you send it via a cheaper method ??? I would like and LED board too when you have them.

I was going to make a lead that goes from the internal CD SPDIF IN on the car, through the case (some vent hole) and put an inline phono socket on the end of it to plug the output of the board into, will this not work then ??? I can't find much out about the digital input of the Audigy, but it is labeled SPDIF in the board and has 2 connectors.

I downloaded the instrucitions (should have done this before asking I know) and I think I will be able to handle it.

I have had the dock in bits just now, spot on bit of work Mr Lord, there will be loads of room for the mod. The level of work that has gone into these docks is amazing, the finish is very good indeed, I not sure what I was expecting, but this is much much better, there is even a vari resistor to change fan speed, genius.

On the sound quality issue, I find the Audigy to have one of the best sounding outputs of any of my equiptment, I don't buy the real expensive Hi-Fi gear, but I much prefer the sound of my headphone plugged directly into the PC, hense I listen to most music from it, it also helps to keep the neighbours happy.

I have not done an Empeg hack yet (well added a 2nd HD but that doesn't count) I think this could be a good place to start, it's just the shipping thats putting me off.

Thanks

Cris.