Boon.

I'm coming from a place where all new vehicles have had DRL for years. DRL on your own vehicle should be neither a positive nor a negative to your own driving behaviour when not factoring other drivers.

DRL on your own vehicle are not there to help you see. They're not lessen or remove your responsibility to turn on your hadlights at dusk and dawn or when it's raining or when going through a tunnel. They're there for other drivers during daylight hours. Let's assume everyone always remembers to turn on their lights when they're supposed to.

DRL, in my opinion, make a car far easier to see on the road. Where one car will blend into the background, one with DRL is instantly identified as 1. a car and as 2. a car that is in operation.

A split-second glance into any mirror will instantly pick up a pair of lights where the car itself may take a few more split seconds to register. I'll see that lights are present long before I'll identify what kind of car it is for instance. I'm not speaking about someone right next to me of course. Their biggest plus comes when checking mirrors - so we're talking about cars coming from behind. BUt I also find them useful for vehicles aproaching from the front.

What I do not like is the fact that because of DRL, some people will forget to turn on their lights in the evening. Some model's DRL light up enough that some poeple (retards I guess) think their lights are on. I wish the DRL principle was extended to include tail lights. Any time the vehicle is in operation, I believe the tail lights should be ON. Again, fr plain identificatoin at all times, but mostly because a large percentage of people do not turn on their lights during circumstances warranting it (fog, rain, snow, etc..)

That's my 2 cents on the matter. Now, I lso think DRL should be either the high-beams at low voltage or dedicated bulbs approximating the same look. I do NOT think they should be oange or yellow or amber corner markers like on some stinking US minivans. I also think all turn signal lenses should be amber with no exceptions and that turn signals should NEVER EVER be allowed to use the same bulb or reflector as a tail light.

Bruno

Many many typos. Absolutely no time.