The thing is, I'm sure that for some people (you), they work for noticing other cars better.

However, for some people they are distracting. My eyes seriously don't like the lights coming at me, mainly on bright days.

There are other drivers who panick when they get too much light. I can honestly say without the shadow of a doubt that the sun, and the sun alone, causes my morning commute to be 20 minutes longer than it should/could be. I'm certain that if all the oncoming traffic also had lights on, it would be even worse and possibly confusing to these people who refuse to wear sunglasses or put their visors down.

There is another possible reason that I don't like DRLs, and that may be that I'm not seeing DRLs at all. It is possible that most of the time I see lights on, they are regular headlights. I gather from what people have said here, that DRLs are dimmer than normal headlights.

Anyway, I think it's a subjective thing, so we're not going to agree on it I just hope it doesn't become a law or anything, because I'll have to stop driving when it's bright out