I really don't understand these types of people. When I buy a new car, I go out of my way to be nice and helpful. People simply do not respond to being talked down to. I mean, If all you want is a better deal on a car, do they really think that a salesperson is going to be more willing to do what they can if they're rude? I consistently get better deals than most people I know and the worst thing I've ever said to a car salesman is "i'll have to think about it, I may be back, can I please have your card?" If I feel like he was trying to rape me, no problem, I just don't go back.

The only time I ever got really irate at a car dealership was dealing with the service dept at Ford. The drivers side window started coming off the tracks. It happened once, I took the door apart. It happened again a month later, I fixed it again. It happened two days later, I took it to the dealership. I was 3 months out of warranty (with only 10,000 miles on my car). I was informed that it would cost ~$600 to fix, at which point I said "You've got to be F^&*ing kidding me, all you have to do is glue the retention clip back on?!" I was informed that that wasn't the way the manual said to fix it, I had to replace the entire window mech. "You people are out of your F&*(ing minds. That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. I'll never buy another Ford as long as I live." His reply: "You're right, they screwed the pooch on this one. See, they USED to have this pin drilled through the glass, so this never happened, but now, I guessthey decided it's cheaper to glue them instead."

At this point, I was feeling a little better. At least the guy agreed with me. It was the idiots at corporate that made this brilliant decision. I took it to a body shop that a friend of mine owns, and they had the window gued back in in les than 10 minutes. Hasn't even rattled funny since.

It still burns me that they were willing to stick me for $600 just to save 25¢ worth of cotter pins at the factory.