It isn't quite as simple as that. We have invested money in molds that we do not wish to throw away. We may or may not be able to use these molds with another caster. Not only that, but specialty casters are rather hard to come by, so we've had to put up with these delays. I tried not to make any outright gueses as to availability but rather pass along the (seemingly) empty promises of the caster himself. Like I said he's out of here by the 16th if he doesn't make something useful by then.

I hear you.

Nevertheless, go ahead and see what you can come up with. You speak of shells, but from my experience a "shell" of a button will not diffuse the light properly, or at least not in a pleasing manner. Can you have them made as a solid piece with only a hole for the shaft and LEDs?

I might not have expressed myself clearly. I'm in the mobile business, we're producing a mobile terminal for the transport industri in Europe. The housing of the terminal, what i call a shell (might be wrong) is made in a two piece design. If you look at the picture of the terminal, there is a yellow button in the lower right corner. That button is also made in clear plastic, so that the LED that we mount underneeth can shine through the plastic. It isn't shown on our website yet, as the clear button is on our newest model with a color tft screen presented to the market in the next month. What i want to say with this, is that we've gained a fair share of experience over the last 6 month with clear plastic moldings. I know what you're talking about, as i've seen bad examples on clear moldings that didn't spread the light properly. Our caster though has a lot of experience in this field, and did a perfect job the first time we asked for a clear button. I've used them since 1997 and have been satisfied all along.

I will not go further with this untill i hear news from you and your caster. I see no point in having two suppliers of clear buttons for the Empeg. I will only into this if your caster fails to present buttons within whatever timeframe you give him.

Basicly thats what i want to point out.

Cheers

Kaare