The actual monitor when it's working is quite nice but I'm not too impressed with the service from the UK office.

I got a Iiyama CRT at work a couple of years back because I believed they were pretty good quality and also look very smart.

The first one began to pulsate purple in the corners for about 5 minutes every now and then, and I had read reports of other monitors from the same model doing this also.

After putting up with it for a few months I called them for a repair and it was picked up the next day and a brand new loan dropped off. The loan started pulsating about an hour after I had switched it on and I called Iiyama to let them know. "Oh no, that's not a loan that's a permanent replacement" they said. Okey dokey you can pick it up then, and I don't want another model 403! She went away and came back saying they would send me the next model up which I was fine with.

About six weeks later I shut the machine off and went to the other side of the office to do something while it was shutting down. Being an old Compaq it doesn't power off and switches into VGA mode, which seemed to upset the monior causing a large bang and an electrical burning smell. Touch wood the replacement is fine, but I think it goes out of the 3 year warranty soon so I don't expect it to last much longer.

Gareth