So I have a new house, with a decent sized yard, so I want a dog. Not just any dog, a Great Dane, always loved them and decided to possibly look into adopting one. Well theres an adoption group in my area, I've called them a total of 3 times now and countless emails I get responses to the email but nothing seems to get things rolling. So I go to one of the so called "meet and greets" the lady I meet is the head of the group, she's blatantly rude to me, pretty much acts like she's doing me some kind of favor just to take the time to "explain" the long painful procedure of adoption. This is the kicker, to adopt a dane in need (there are about 100 available on the page all needing homes) you have to pay $350 bucks (fine I expected a fee), then the do a credit check (?? why??), then do a phone interview (am I looking for employment here?, but ok), then they do a house visit (ok I understand wanna make sure the dogs going to a good home), THEN... if all that checks out they send a letter to their president for review (this is starting to get silly), then if we're accepted they come with a dog back to my house (not the dog I'm going to get... just to make sure A dog will be OK), then they take the test dog back... pick out a dane that they feel "fits" with our family... all in all the process is a 3 month ordeal and pretty much stupid.

Now I'm all for being careful when placing dogs, but for me this process is stupid and unecessary. I'll be going to pick up my new Dane puppy tomorrow, registered with papers for 500 bucks. A little more then adopting but minus all the really lame hassles. What bothers me about this scenario is there are dogs in need and due to some stupid bureaucratic snob fest the dogs suffer. What the hell is up with that???