Just an update, I decided to look around and try to find some people that had dealt with the rescue organization in question. I ended up finding two different couples, one couple were refused a dog because they wouldn't move their bedroom to the first level of the house. The other couple got a dane, however it took over 6 months and 10 house visits, having to re-organize everything in their house to suit the adoption people. Both couples knew other people that had similar ordeals. The people that run this particular organization are obviously finatics and hinder the ability to place a dog. So, I took a little road trip to WV and got a 5 month old puppy, I guess at 80 lbs he's not such a puppy compared to other pups. He's great, very gentle with the kid, house trained and has probably the best temperment of any dog I've ever seen, much less owned.

So we love the dog, we get him home, and we notice his hind legs are very weak, it's difficult for him to get up in the morning, and the other day I was trying to get him to sit I put my hand on his rear, and gave a gentle push, he yelped and his butt hit the floor. I called up the breeder and asked her if she noticed anything this is when she says that the lady that owned him before us (he was briefly owned for about 3 months and returned) might have beaten him for crapping in the house, she says that or he might have been hit by a car.... Uh, hello??? you could have told me that before driving 6 hours to get and 6 hours back, not to mention we're all so damn attached to the dog now we wouldn't want to give him back. So we're off to the vet today to make sure his hips are going to be ok. So basically we got a rescue dog in the end anyway, overall we're happy with the dog, I just hope he's ok.

edit....
Just got back from the vet, ruled out being hit by a car, pretty sure it's not hip displasia. He's probably just sore from something, so he should be just fine. Now finding some food he will actually eat, thats next.

Edited by lopan (02/02/2004 12:21)