OK, so I woke up last Sunday AM and found an order confirmation on my screen. It looks like during a late-night lapse in judgement I inadverdently ordered a Tyan K8W S2875 and a pair of Opterons. Oh, well, water under the bridge. In for a penny, in for a pound.

Not only do I want to water cool this thing to reduce noise at my desk, but I would actually like to route the plumbing outdoors, to a deck next to my desk as that room is already warm. I am looking at using 2 Danger Den TDX water blocks with 1/2" tubing, but I don't have any sense of how much pump is needed to push coolant the 3 meters or so needed to get out to the deck. Any hydrodynamic experts out there or has anyone experimented with this?

A couple of other things I am thinking of:

One is to use a home-brew radiator and fan built with an automotive heater core and make my own reservoir. One other option was just to use a length of residential water heating baseboard (with some of the trim removed) and have the radiator be completely passive. Am I nuts?

I am thinking that during the winter I would want to have some sort of thermistor-controlled variable flow rate -- don't let water get so cold that it creates a condensation problem inside the room/PC. Am I nuts?

Can anyone offer comments on a 12V DC or 115V AC pump that would do the job and a speed control circuit (I am think 12V DC would be most feasible) that might work? Am I nuts?

There are lots of cooling forums out there, but I have looked at them and just don't find the commentary to be of the same quality and reliability as found here.

'Tis the exceptional fellow who lies awake at night thinking of his successes.