Quote:
I knew you'd get pissed off enough at some point

Sooner than I thought. I spoke to a wonderful Verizon rep today but couldn't get anything done about it. So, I called Sprint to verify their call trace system in order to hand this off to the police. My sister then traced the call (again) and handed it off to the police who acted upon it quickly.

But not quick enough, because Sprint wants a fax from the police showing the request for the cell owner's info in writing. Fine, but it won't be done by this weekend, so that's 72 more calls to my house.

And when the (local) police do have the owner's info, they can't give it to me, which is fine. But, they will only act on it if the owner is a resident of my town (possible, but only slightly). If the owner lives outside my town, they will have to hand it off to municipal court.

How many weeks will that take? How many more hundreds of times does my phone have to ring; every 40 minutes non-stop? How many more nights will I have to take the phone off the hook, rendering me unreachable in case of emergency? And what if the owner lives outside my county, will it have to go to the state police? How many months will that take?

This is the last bit of agitation that I need right now. Two simple phone calls and this will stop. But knowing my life, the owner will probably turn it around and sue me for the MASSIVE bill he will receive, probably because I didn't notify him sooner.

At this point, my only hope is that the owner gets the bill, wakes up from the heart attack it causes, then puts a stop to it. Or, enough months go by where the bill is unpaid and the phone is simply disconnected. Worst case, a couple of months. What harm will be caused by another thousand or two errant phone calls, eh?