Quote:
Verizon, on the other hand, are great, and I hope they continue to do so. I will have more luck with them.

5 years after my CO was equipped, and almost as long after they called and baited me, still no DSL. Verizon can rot...

Oh, and when they announced FIOS it (edit: their availability web page) claimed I could get the service but it wasn't available here yet. Now the claim is less grandiose. Now, here's the thing: Verizon already has fiber in my house. So it's really all at the CO end, and I'm sure seeing as we can get DSL they won't bother.

Meantime, they advertised last year in the state capitol about how great they were and what a tragedy it would be to break up their monopoly. Hey, pricks, the money you spent on advertising would have easily made your claims of good service actually true, if you'd spent it on providing the service.

This year they're running commercials of a phone call from a customer to a cable company, finding out how much cable broadband costs, then playing it again with a call to Verizon and a much lower price. And again, I say, put up or shut up...

If Verizon is great, we're sunk.

Edited by dbrashear (04/10/2004 05:01)