Quote:
I enjoy the occasional puzzles thrown in here and there. It adds a bit more reality as opposed to the "run and gun" method.

Oh, I enjoy them too. Some of them were quite clever. A couple of them, when I looked at what needed to be done and figured out the solution, actually had me cackling with glee: "Oh this is going to be fun!"

I'm just not as impressed by the physics technology as some people are, because I remember a game from several years ago that essentially tried to do the same thing (albeit not nearly as well). I have to say that they've done it quite well, though.

In other praise: One of the things the game does terribly well is letting you infer things from context. There have been a lot of times where you are expected to figure out what's going on just by observation. What turns that into a truly immersive experience is when they couple that with some piece of action or some kind of urgency. Like when you need to scramble up a ledge before meeting impending doom. So in addition to the "aha" moment when you realize what's happening, it gets followed by an OH CRAP moment where you're afraid for your own existence. Absolutely masterful.