Quote:
So I went with an nvidia card with the Dell 24" 1920x1200 monitor and am having problems with it. I may end up trying an ATI card. Is the 850xt the one to get? Can it support that res? What specific card did you get? Link?

I love Battlefield 2. Its an amazing game and I wanted to maximize my BF2 experience. Thats why my video card purchase was basically based on this anandtech review.

I was willing to get the most expensive/best thing available. Turns out this is the nVidia 7800, which is just a little too ridiculously priced for me. So I went for the next best thing, the ATI 850xt. I didn't really want to deal with trying to find it cheap online so I just bought it at CompUsa for $400.

I can play BF2, which is a very intense game, at 1280x1024, max resolution with no problems at all. P4 3.3, 1 gig ram. However with the 30'' LCD, it can play at a max of 1024x768. I havn't tried any hacks yet and I'm a bit reluctant to really.

I can safely recommend the 850xt, if you can spend the bucks, then the 7800gtx. Both of these cards can definitely run that resolution.