Quote:
But how many games can you name where mind-blowingly good moments like that happen at least once in each level?

Well, the one that comes about 90% close in my mind is Conker's Bad Fur Day. That game was incredible and people really discounted it.

I don't play FPS games, so I can't judge myself, but from every bit of evidence I can see other than playing them myself, it appears that HL2 beats the crap out of Halo 2 in nearly every respect. As a non FPS player, I was very nearly compelled to check out HL2, even though I know playing it will make me physically ill in under a minute.

What I can't understand is why Halo 2 was greeted like God's gift to video games, and then HL2 gets released a tiny bit later and there's barely even any build-up to it. I mean hell, Halo got an ENTIRE DAY devoted to it on G4TechTV. I didn't see for sure, but it didn't even look like there was a mention of HL2 on the channell all day long (of course, this week they seem to be showing reruns of their entire lineup).

So what's the verdict from the game players yourselves?