Bruno, thanks for all the suggestions. We want to make the fascias that everyone would like, so the feedback is extremely helpful. I really like the ideas, and I'll be talking with my partner later tonight about incorporating them.

Quote:
I'm not sure what you should do about the top right - this was an area of debate for the original newface as well. I'll attach another image below which is a slight mod on the newface.

This has been an issue for us, as well. We don't really like the way the corner curves on the NewFace, but we also don't want a really hard corner. We'll figure something good out, though.

Quote:
What thickness material are you planning to use?

It currently looks like we're going to be using 5/16" stock, which is extremely close to the original fascia's thickness. The shop uses this size stock as a standard, which should help us keep unit cost reasonable.

Quote:
Definitely planning to radius all the corners, right?

Most definately. We don't believe that someone's car stereo should be that dangerous.

The milling process will result in a slight radius on all corners, so it wasn't necessary to build it into the CAD file. On the laser cut fitting template, though, the corners came out very sharp.

Quote:
I do like the fact you're keeping stock button spaces - now to test replacement knobs of the same size (the stock one doesn't stick out enough for my taste).

Thanks. As I said, we didn't feel it was right to put out a new fascia without making it compatible with FireFox's button effort.

I agree about the stock knob. But again, the goal was to be compatible with the button kits being worked on by FireFox. In the future (after the fascia project is in the bag), we've discussed a new custom knob that would be made of matching aluminum with illuminated features. But that's something for another day....