2004-12-21

With X-Mas approaching Fast I'm now walking shorter distances completely unaided, for somewhat longer stretches, or uneven ground I have a cane to assist balance / boost confidence. Only restricted to the wheelbarrowCC-hC-hC-hC-hC-hC-hchair around here when leaving (which means I need to take it there as well) the "selftraining" ie working alone with a specified set of exercises.

Was out on leave this weekend - had 3 cars to get going (drained batteries), a TV/audio setup in the living room that my mom had done something to so there was picture but no audio...She used the smaller plain set in my room instead It might be a bad idea to hook up the computer and Xbox as well

Got some good food as well - the food here at the rehab is ok but not exactly sensational... So on saturday it was hmecooked Austrian food and sunday was thai restaurant Mmmmmm

Left arm/hand is getting better as well. When the keyboard is in the "proper" position (typing this righthandedly lying ion the bed with the laptop propped up on the belly and knees:) ) I'm beginning to take some keys and even some combinations like Ctrl-w, Ctrl-a flag-e, Flag-r ith the left hand. Starting to carefully/very considered using it for task like holding plates etc. Not really up to proper cutlery etiquette yet though...
The times im in the wheelchair,I'm also starting to use the left arm for propulsion instead of using the legs, but it's still plenty weaker than the right, so it's 2 left for 1 right to keep a straight line....

Happy holidays to you all!