For those using GPSApp on their empegs, you probably already know that MapsOnUs is pretty much the only way you can use the web to get routes into the empeg.

In the past, creating a route with MapsOnUs was tricky for me, because it would sometimes do strange things, such as:

- Calling a freeway onramp an "unnamed road" instead of just saying "Take I-80 West".

- Confusing small roads with highways; A freeway onramp that appeared on many of my routes was called "highway 193". When there's no highway by that name anywhere near there.

- Making a route line that cut across blank terrain, even though the highway line was nearby. In these cases I had to hand-position an intermediate "correction" destination by clicking on the map. Big pain.

- Misdirecting you on small residential roads (like the ones near my house).

Anyone else get that behavior in the past?

Well, anyway, I just punched in a new set of directions (hadn't needed to for the last few months), and suddenly MapsOnUs is working flawlessly. All the problems I'd had before are corrected now. Yay! I don't know if it's because their database has been updated, or they've fixed code bugs, or what, I'm just glad to see it working that way.

And the Python parser script still seems to work fine on their output page.

Just wanted to put that in here for anyone else using GPSApp. Enjoy!