I was just talking to someone today about scrolling with the pad. I mentioned that the OS didn't support this natively but that someone must have written a tool for it. Now I know the name of such a program, thanks. I'll give it a shot. I don't have the pad click ability enabled because it drove me up the wall no matter how I set it, but I can see muself using the scrolling. Mac OS X definitely spoils you on the keyboard shortcuts - when they're used consistently.

iLife... For me, mostly fluff unfortunately. I don't get the chance to use anything except iTunes once in a while. But I agree, iDVD and iMovie are pretty good. I have no interest in Garageband though and iPhoto has always bee sub-par (and that's being extremely kind).

I'm going to move all my archived mail over to Thunderbird and then see how well I can get a scheduled backup going and if I can also get at it from my Windows machines (using TheBat with multiple machines was very easy). I've had the PB since August but have yet to sync it with my phone (T68i). There a really neat application that will put up nice caller display messages on your screen when someone calls on your phone - gets the info from your address book - you can answer or reject the call right from the computer too (though you have to use the phone to talk - for now). Makes using any bluetooth phone with Mac OS much nicer. I forget the name as I don't have it installed right now, but I'll post it when I remember.

I don't have my PB very customized or anything, I just do day-to-day with Firefox and a number of other programs.

Microsoft Remote Destop Conection client to connect to my PCs at home (so I rarely ever actually use them hands-on anymore).
TextWrangler (now free) text editor.
MPlayer (with Mac OS X GUI) for playing movies - I only use QuickTime player for movie trailers.
RCDefaultApp to define what application is used for various URLs, file extensions, filetypes, etc.. Invaluable.
Will probably start using Web Confidential (Mac and Windows) for password (and other info) storage.

Still need a really good Hex editor (looking for something as good as Hex Workshop for Windows ideally.

Bruno