Quote:

What should I look at replacing these tires with? Cost isn't a big concern, though value is. The car never sees snow, but it does see a good amount of rain in the winter. Do I need all season, or does no snow mean summer tires are fine? Any specific reccomendations? I'll probably spend this evening reading tirerack reviews and order tomorrow.

It depends on the summer tire. The stock tires on my R32 are Goodyear Eagle F1's. They're great in the rain (a cruel joke in the snow) but are a bit prone to blowouts due to potholes, throught to be a combination of soft sidewall and low profile.

I do have to put in a good word for the Kumho Ecsta's I put on my cabrio 2 years ago, I bought them becaue they met the requirements of "not bald like the tires currently on my car" cheap all season tire, since the car only ever goes to the beach and on road trips. I'm pretty impressed with them, especially since they were like $40. I haven't had a blowout yet, and they're good in wet weather and snow.

"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." -Susan B Anthony