I figured now was a good time to write up my experiences with these. In short, they've been great, well worth the money in my book.

Getting them put on was easy. The drop shipped them and they were delivered that week, the shop called me and put them on the next day. The shop was great, perhaps it's a testament to the fact that the type of place that gets itself listed with tirerack, or perhaps it was just dumb luck. They mounted them for $125 or so, which seemed reasonable considering the savings compared to having a local shop order and install them.

Driving with the tires was great. However, I have to say that I feel like I'd virtually forgotten that my car was fun to drive after so much commuting. (I live in berkeley, my girlfriend lives an hour south down one of the worst freeways in the bay area.) The new tires gave me a reason to have fun, and they havn't disappointed. The things have amazing grip, and they just don't break loose.

I got to drive with them a few times in the rain, and I didn't have any complaints. I don't try pushing things in the rain, so I couldn't tell you how they corner on wet pavement, but my main concern was hydroplaning in puddles, but everything seemed fine.

All in all, I'm a devout beleiver in tirerack and the Goodyear Eagle F1's. Of course I'll research my next tire purchase, but at this point another set of the F1's would be the obvious choice.

Matthew