I just know someone is going to tell me that this is already there or going to be, but here goes anyway...

I suggest that since v3.0 already has something like 15 EQ preset memories, that it might be nice if we could have memory number one assigned specifically to provide for in-car Equalisation (Auto EQ) and once set that EQ would remain active whilst ever the player is in the car. Then to be able to assign EQ memories 2 through 15 as album / track EQs that would actually be applied as a result of somekind of marker that associates the tracks with that EQ memory, similar to how we have Wendy filters associated now. This would allow us to correct the tonal balance of tracks that are for example light on Bass or overly boomy. To make this work, I imagine that EQ memories 2 - 15 would need to be able to be applied on top of the Car EQ (memory 1) so you are not equalising for both the car and the track in the one memory setting. It also has the advantage that the album / track EQ would only need to be preset once for a track and would be portable from car to car, since EQ memory 1 would take care of the acoustic environment differences between different cars. I would be very interested to hear what you guys have to say about this idea. Thanks..