OK, good enough for me. A nice technical reason for not being able to do it is reason enough to give up on my idea, however, I guess that leaves us right back to the Tony Fabris suggestion of using Hijack to do bass / treble corrections, which you aluded to in your answer anyway. That would be a way better solution to the problem than doing nothing at all about this. I for one am all in favour! If the tag edit function can be added to Emplode that would be good too. By the way, I never suggested that a correction should be applied by Genre! That would be very dumb indeed, as if to suggest that all Pop needs a bass boost or something similar! No, I was always intending just to apply a correction to those tracks or albums that require it (the ones where you might be inclined to adjust the Bass and treble in the car anyway) and leave all the other tracks alone (as is). So, how soon can we get this Bass/Treble idea implemented everyone? I would apprecuiate seeing this added sooner than later, and would happily implement it myself if I knew enough about programming to do it.