Yes, but it only reverts to whichever preset was last active when previously in the car.

OK, but then maybe I am missing something here, how many of us have sixteen cars? Even you Americans don't usually have that many! So why have sixteen car presets? I was suggesting using one of the presets (Preset 01: Flat) as the one that was setup to equalise the car environment, leaving up to fifteen presets in the car to be used for applying correction to tracks / albums. What I envisaged was that when you chose one of the other EQs it would be summed with Preset 01 to achieve a total EQ. This would only need to be done for those tracks or albums that are in need of correction of course, so for those that don't they would be played with only preset 01 active. (I am of course talking in Car here). I should mention also that I figured that the EQ presets would be something like you suggested, ie:
Preset 02: Bass boosted and treble rolloff
Preset 03: Bass boost only
Preset 04: Treble rolloff only
Preset 05: Deep cut in the midrange, etc..
and that you then assign the most appropriate preset to a track or album by means of a selection that I presume would need to be added into emplode, similar to the way you attach Wendy filters to tracks.

Since Preset 01 corrects for the car environment, the other (track/album) presets could be assigned to tracks while listening in the home environment because the degree of coorection required by a track would remain the same no matter where you listen to it (ie: the environment correction part is taken care of seperately in Preset 01 (either for home or car). If your really worried about flexibility here, then there are sixteen presets for in-car use, I am sure we could have Presets 01 and 02 as car environment corrections which you can select from (maybe to correct for car 01 and car 02 if you have 2 cars) and still leave 14 presets available for track/album correction (more than enough).

My purpose here was similar to your idea with using Hijack, namely to correct for badly mixed tracks/albums that would otherwise have you constantly needing to reach for the Bass and Treble adjustments as you move from track to track. I therefore never thought in terms of doing a custom EQ preset for each song, or for that matter each album, but more to merely select the most appropriate preset from a pre-defined selection of EQ corrections that could be setup to best cater for the majority of such tonal balance problems. This would be of particular value if playing in random mode a number of tracks from a variety of albums, avoiding the tendency for some tracks to sound too bass heavy and others to sound too bass light etc. Yes, I expect you could achieve the same result (more or less) by just applying Bass or Treble correction as you suggested, but since we have so many EQ presets available, it seemed ideal to be able to use them to perform a more thorough correction than could be achieved just with Bass and Treble. (If it's there, why not use it?)