I'll say it again in case people thought I was joking... Daredevil (yes, the movie with Ben Afleck) was head and shoulders above X3, X-Men The Last Stand. More entertaining in a general sense. I've only ever read a couple of Daredevil comics and that was years and years ago. But even with equal basic knowledge of the characters of both movies, it's easy to see the X-Men were just represented without heart, emotion and above all, without the attitudes found in their print counterparts.

Bitt mentioned the Daredevil story that provided the foundation for the movie was great and that the movie didn't do it justice and was just "ok." I can't say the same for the X-Men movie. The Dark Phoenix saga is what many fans were expecting - and that's one hell of a phenomenal story arch. The movie gave us a confused Jean Grey and that's it. No story elements from the comic beyond the name "Phoenix" - no sense of dread or omnipotent power. Phoenix was an entity and a destroyer of whole races & planets. Instead we got a few people and buildings disintegrating. What we also got was the door slammed on the possibility of doing anything remotely similar to the comic in the near future.

My hope is they let the movie series die for a few years and bring it back when someone serious enough about the subject matter comes along. Just like they did with Batman. As an aside, the Val Kilmer and George Clooney movies were worse than the latest X-Men movie - I'll give that up easily. In fact they belong in the short list of all-time worst movies ever.

Bruno