Quote:

Can I assume that the .bat file may be run concurrently with emplode?

Yes.

Quote:

...hmm. I followed the instructions in the post above- created the fidsift directory on C:, changed the text file to my IP (192.168.1.4), and double clicked on the .bat file.
This resulted in a Windows error:

"Error Starting Program
The FTP.EXE file is
linked to missing export WS2_32.DLL:getnameinfo."

This would suggest to me that the FTP program on your computer may be broken somehow. Does it work in other circumstances?

Oh, wait -- I wonder if it might not have been a mistake on my part to include my ftp.exe file in the zip file that you expanded in your fidsift directory. I bet there is an incompatibility between that ftp.exe file and the one that is native to your Windows installation.

Try deleting the "new" ftp.exe file and then (as Tony and others have pointed out) the batch file will default to using your native ftp executable.

Quote:
Ah- but maybe first I'll throw over an album and see how long that takes, just to benchmark things a little

The benchmark won't tell you much the first time you run it because the fidsift program takes quite a while to run. But, after that, since the fidsifted directory structure is now created, and the files are fidsifted, the next time you run it it takes but a few (~10) seconds to run. At that point you will see meaningful benchmark comparisons.

tanstaafl.