Ah!

I ran it about 5 times, each time it seemed to end on the same 'interrupted' note. It ran for various lengths of time- sometimes about a minute.
Note: close the DOS window before trying another time. It didn't seem to like opening the connection twice.
Just got what seems to be the correct exit:
Quote:
ftp> literal site exec /empeg/vin/fidsift.sh
200 Okay.
ftp> literal site ro
200 Okay.
ftp> quit
221 Happy Fishing.

C:\fidsift>

YAY!!
Anything else to do?

Edit:
Ok- each time I run the .bat file it sifts fids for exactly one minute before the connection is closed. It takes three minutes plus another 3-5 seconds to get the Happy ending. That is, I have to re-run the .bat file 4 times to completion of the task. I have done this three times now- the first time without much attention to detail, the next two checking the run times and number of times.
3:05 isn't 10 seconds, though. I wonder if there's something amiss. At any rate, I'm glad to see the Happy Fishing message and feel confident that the drives are once again set read only.

Edit2:
The first time I asked for a 'big mix' (currently 16876 files) I got flashes of a 'no memory' error inside a rectangular box. The empeg kept chugging away at the task, though, and completed it. Touching a button made the error message disappear.
I then rebooted the empeg through Hijack and asked for another 'big mix'. No problems or error messages. Each big mix playlist takes about 25 seconds to build.

Edited by Robotic (25/11/2006 19:20)