Quote:
There is a config.ini entry that will allow you to exit the player software from the main menu. It adds the command "Exit" somewhere on the main menu. I don't remember exactly where the command appears on the main menu, and I don't remember exactly what the config.ini entry was to make it happen, but I know it can be done.

I remember this from years ago also. I'm not sure if that would work for what I need. What I'm thinking of using it for is I have the player ethernet hooked up to a wireless gaming adapter to access my network. Trouble is the player isn't always recognized when plugged in (AC). Sometimes a reboot does the trick. I have a Harmony remote I control it with, as an activity, stereo/player come on together, and would like to some way get a reboot (nevermind I just thought of how I could do it). Just get Hijack menu to popup and select reboot right?

Anybody been able to get a wireless gaming adapter to reliably connect via etherent everytime is there a trick? Sometimes a power toggle of the gaming adapter gets the network to see the player so I don't have to walk back to the player & do a reboot. I know this all sounds crazy but mainly I need a way to do this w/o using Charcoalgray99 web interface or empFace to reboot the player. I thought maybe there was a IR command to reboot the player. I thought maybe my best chance was for 'button redifinition' would work but I don't see in the FAQ where Hijack can be accessed using it so I could in turn choose 'reboot' as an option.

Edited by Snowshoe (21/12/2006 04:57)