Quote:
Just get Hijack menu to popup and select reboot right?

The problem with doing that from the remote is that the currently-selected menu item in Hijack is always the last one you selected. I don't think it has absolute-navigation like the player software's menu does (someone correct me if I'm wrong). In other words, it may be different every time and you wouldn't know how many left-left-left-left buttonpresses you'd have to make to get to the correct menu. So you couldn't program it into a single-button macro, you'd have to look at the player's screen and select the correct menu item to do it. (I was under the impression that you wanted to write a single-button macro.)

Quote:
I'm not sure if that would work for what I need.

Give the exit menu thing a try and see if it works. I don't know if re-launching the player software will retrigger the ethernet DHCP request or not. It might. It's worth a try.

Quote:
Anybody been able to get a wireless gaming adapter to reliably connect via etherent everytime is there a trick?

Buy a proper wireless router instead?

Of course, I'm one to talk, I purchased a stripped-down gaming router for the sole purpose of solving a network problem once, and actually bought three different routers until I settled on the right one (returning the other two to Staples).