Quote:

... DTR seems to have no non-standard (RS232) use.

I've looked at serial_sa1100.c It looks like they have ifdef/removed DTR support from the serial driver. I could re-implement the DTR functionality (e.g flush before de-asserting DTR, etc), but I'm just planning on asserting DTR when port 1 is opened.

Quote:

The implementation of "SERIAL=" itself calls hijack_serial_rx_insert(the_string, strlen(the_string, 1))

Yup, found that too. I'll call it directly. Thanks. I noticed that when I write to empeg_notify, I need to send "+" as "%2B". When I call rx_insert directly, Can I send "#FID+\n" or do I still need to send "#FID%2B\n"?

Quote:

That's weird. down_interruptible() is a kernel inline function, so it doesn't really exist at run/link time.

Yes it is wierd... <asm-arm/semaphore.h> actually has the inline definition of down_interruptible. There's probably some #define that's turning it off...

Quote:

Just release it, and anyone who cares will eventually have a peek at it.

How exactly do I release the kernel part? I'm using v459 patched to v461 (serial bug v441 fixes). are you willing accept it into the hijack source tree? I'd need the latest source tarball which I would provide diff -c patch files. Most of the work is done in reset_timer (timer.h) and in my seeburg.c driver. Small changes in notify.c, mem.c and serial_sa1100.c (DTR). I can also create a menuconfig item in arch/arm/config.in to turn on/off seeburg driver support.

Quote:
Quote:

6. How do I pick a "real" device MAJOR number?

For the empeg kernel, the simplest is to just re-use an existing one that never had meaning on an empeg. [See] Documentation/devices.txt file from the kernel source tree.

Ok I'll use 51 (Baycomm radio modem in devices.txt)

Thanks for all your help!

-Techtom