Attached is the archive of my seeburg project. I've included a prebuilt v478 Hijack kernel with my wallbox driver patches, the wallbox app, and schematics for the seeburg interface.

-Techtom

--------------------- Readme.txt-------------------
Installation instructions.

I've included a prebuilt v478 kernel image so you don't need to build it from the source tree.

1) Flash kernel with v478_p_seeburg.zImage. I just ftp "put" v478_p_seeburg.zImage to /proc/empeg_kernel
2) ftp the wallbox app to the /empeg/bin directory on your empeg.
3) connect up to the serial port (without the seeburg adaptor) of your empeg and type the following commands:

q ; stops the player
# rw ; mounts the file system as read/write
# chmod a+rx /empeg/bin/wallbox ; enables the wallbox application to be executed
# mknod /dev/wallbox c 51 0 ; creates the wallbox device

4) to test the wallbox application, find the fid of one of your longer playlists (mine was a7d0) and type

# /empeg/bin/wallbox a7d0 &

5) the wallbox application should have started and read the playlist without errors
6) restart the player by typing:

# player

7) connect the seeburg serial port adaptor (see schematic) to your empeg.
8) insert a coin into your seeburg and select a song.
9) the wallbox application should detect the button press and queue the song from the playlist

10) once this is working, you can add an EXEC_ONCE command to your config.ini file. Make sure everything is working correcly BEFORE you add the EXEC_ONCE command to your config.ini file. If you forget to include the "&" at the end, the empeg will not start the player and you'll need to ftp a new config.ini to the empeg.

;@EXEC_ONCE /empeg/bin/wallbox a7d0 &

-Techtom

PS if you want to build your own kernel, just apply the driver.patch and time_h_477.patch to the latest
hijack kernel source tree.

Attachments
304285-Seeburg.zip (607 downloads)

Edited by techtom (08/10/2007 00:56)