Quote:
...why don't you try and use a microcontroller like a Picaxe to fit between your box and your empeg, I bet you'd find it much easier.

Actually the work that chris would need to do has nothing to do with the kernel. The kernel collects 256, 10ms samples of the pulses from the seeburg wallbox and the seeburg application parses the samples to identify the button pressed. Chris would need to modify my seeburg app to adjust for the 50Hz driving the motor. My seeburg app uses a big state machine to convert the samples into pulses and the pulses into a button press. So chris only needs to adjust the state machine. If you used the picaxe, you would end up writing the exact same state machine. I looked into a PIC based off the shelf $99 seeburg to rs-232 interface. But there isn't a free serial port on the empeg, so I ended up doing this version.

My seeburg app should work with the 160 and 200 song wallboxes. The app will read up to 200 entries in a play list, but I only have the 100, so I can't test the extra buttons. The app will writeout to disk (assuming rw) the 256 samples when ever the state machine fails. (e.g. badstate_v224.bin) I can post process the file and figure out what went wrong.

-Techtom

Edited by techtom (22/09/2007 04:15)