Originally Posted By: wfaulk
Interestingly, the iTouch's manual doesn't mention iTunes for photo syncing. For the PC, it only recommends "Adobe Photoshop Album 2.0 or later or Adobe Photoshop Elements 3.0 or later". It's possible that this free version of Album will work for you.

You're going to love this one.

It appearead at first as though this might be my solution. If I drag my example portrait photo (the one I attached earlier in this thread) into Photoshop Album 3.2, it seems to detect the exif rotation correctly and display it correctly on the screen.

Now, Album 3.2 doesn't let me synch directly to the ipod. But iTunes does detect the presence of PhotoShop Album and it says "hey, there's a photo in the Photoshop Album. Do you want to sync it?" and if I say yes, it wipes out all the other pictures on the ipod in favor of what's in my photoshop album, and synchs the correct photos from the photoshop album to the player. So far so good.

But when I view the pic on the ipod, it's sideways. Just like it would have been if I'd only used itunes by itself.

How about that? I used adobe's album-making software, which is specifically supported by apple for exactly this purpose, and synched based on that software, and they still got it wrong.

Now you guys can't get on my case for using this thing in a way it wasn't intended. And I can now say with much more conviction that this whole thing sucks big green drippy donkey balls.