Quote:
Tony didn't say if he did the copy-the-photo option or the reference-the-photo option.

I don't know the difference? How do you tell with iPhoto?

I did the following:

- Ran iPhoto on the Mac.
- On the mac, opened the network share of \\monkeybrains\c$ (my desktop PC in the basement).
- Dragged folders from the share onto iPhoto.
- iPhoto now has libraries of my photos.
- Closed iPhoto.
- Ran iTunes on the mac and said sync photos from the iPhoto libraries.

So which is that? Copy the photo or reference the photo?

Quote:
All this said, it does make sense to just freaking rotate the photos.

I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO.

As I just demonstrated, SOMETIMES the software gets it right. Now I want to figure out why and make it get it right all the time.

There's also the whole thing about where I'm the kind of guy who likes digging away at a good bug repro to find out exactly what causes it. There's something academically fascinating about this. Why does it work for everyone else and not for me?

But besides that, I don't want to batch-rotate my entire photo collection because there's some stuff in there that I don't want messed with at all. I don't want the original files touched in any way. For instance, the folders are full of scattered special sub-folders where I'm doing things like panorama stitches or stereo pairs, where an altered rotation will break it. I don't want to (and shouldn't have to) filter through all of those folders to separate out the stuff I don't want rotated. Yes, I know in the time I've messed with this I could have simply *done* that, but then there's the whole academic thing.