Originally Posted By: Dignan
- $2.99 for a single HD TV show? Seriously? I still maintain that everything in the iTunes store is twice as expensive as it should be.

Welcome to the UK. Hope you enjoy your stay. Sorry everything is crazy expensive on the iTunes store.

- And of course the oval shape instantly creates a whole new market of accessories. Hopefully dock inserts are being made for all those docks that have them.

Do you still get the bundled dock insert with Nanos?

- I agree with Engadget, those included $79 earbuds are really driving the price up. Would be nice if they'd release a version without them, since I'm sure there's a lot of folks out there with their own headphones.

What are they included with?

- Some very nice minor updates to the Touch. I like that they put the speaker in. 802.11n would be nice, but probably tough to include.

Volume controls on the side of the thing are the big thing IMO. Having to yank it out of your pocket to adjust the volume is a pain.

- I'm still nowhere near sold on games for the Touch and iPhone. I need physical controls. I really want to hear real-world reactions to that virtual D-pad in the Fifa game. Still, impressive graphics - NFS looks really good.

- "It's the best portable device for playing games..." Um, again, I think this is extremely difficult to claim. It doesn't even have games that use the touchscreen to the best effect.

Yeah. No real buttons is a big thing for me. I doubt it'd make even a tiny dent in Nintendo's revenue but its probably some worry for Sony since the iPods/iPhones are more aimed at the higher end expensive market.

It may be powerful and have a nice touchscreen display but if your games are crap then its still pointless. The PSP has nice hardware and it has hardware buttons but they're still nowhere near what Nintendo have achieved with significantly less.

- Jack Johnson. Might be the biggest iTunes seller ever, but I could care less.

Who?

If you take out all the filler, you see how Apple can create a spectacle around one new product, an (IMO) minor addition to iTunes, and a slight revamp of the Touch. I'm not complaining about the event because I was expecting more, I'm complaining because I feel that if you're going to have an event like this where supposed "journalists" clap and cheer for everything you announce, there should at least be something big to share.

And that's another thing that bothers me. Journalists shouldn't be cheering for product releases. I thought they were supposed to be objective.

Apple have a knack for getting its to be blunt fanboys all into a frenzy over pretty much nothing.