The lack of matte screen option is down to the design of the case itself. There's now a sheet of glass in front of the LCD. It looks good in controlled photographs, but it's also my biggest concern at this point.

The other concern is the track pad. From reading various bits it's starting to sound like it will be usable though. I still wonder about leaving a thumb resting at the bottom of the pad while being able to scroll around normally with your index finger. The clicking is supposed to be very similar to the separate button. The pref pane shows that you can set an option for the Right_Click to trigger on a particular region of the pad. It'll be interesting to find out how fine grained the region detection for clicking is - might offer an opportunity for someone to release an enhanced pref pane for the positioning and assigning of functions for more than 2 "buttons".

No Firewire 400 port. That means getting adapters or new cables to use with the FW400 drive enclosures I have now.

I'd have preferred a silver keyboard.

My biggest gripe is that there's no 17" model using the new design yet. It's not the first time Apple has left the introduction of one model to a later date, so I have hopes it will be announced toward the end of the year or early next (Macworld).

I don't really care about BluRay, but I didn't like the answer Steve gave. The "we're waiting for the industry" is a bit of a cop-out when they're introducing a product that's supposed to be leading the industry. Let's hope they don't take a sit-back approach to new battery tech when it starts hitting hard over the next couple of years.

The Cinema display looks nice too, but would have been a lot more appetizing at $599.