Originally Posted By: peter
I do see that smiley there, but isn't this the opposite of your other point?

I'm not sure, my retention is down to a few hours now and I can't remember what my prior point was.

Quote:
A Macbook Air with a 10in screen would probably cost three or four times what a netbook does, both because they're pricier to make and because of the margins Apple expects -- but, if what you're saying is near true, people would still buy them.

Nothing wrong with a light and somewhat smaller form factor, but the market for something smaller than the Air would be miniscule compared to the other lines Apple is already promoting. Except maybe the Mac Pro desktop systems, but it might also eat away some of the other notebook sales to get those numbers.

Most people want a notebook for use as a primary system, not a second or sync-and-run system. Apple is catering to the right market segments right now. Can they make improvements throughout their entire product line? Absolutely, lots of room there.

Another request you'll see from some Apple fans is for the release of a tablet Mac. Ya, the idea sounds "cool" but I think the reality would be a let-down. For the life of me I can't find any purpose for one over a more standard notebook other than for use as a (very expensive) sketchpad. They've done right by staying out of that game.