Originally Posted By: wfaulk
Firefox/Gecko doesn't use Cocoa UI elements. As such, that sort of stuff would be in a theme, if it's even accessible there; I don't know that it is.

Exactly, I'm hoping it can be customized. I'm pretty sure it can be because I've seen that some themes cause the drop-down menus to look different. Currently, the pop-up menus, namely contextual ones, look fine, rounded corners and all. This is a pretty big stumbling block for me and it surprises the hell out of me that Mozilla would not have addressed this by now.

EDIT: That link confirms what I'm talking about. That al the Mac OS-like elements in Firefox are custom. Which is exactly why I have to scratch my head when I look at the drop-down menus. They took the time to make custom look-alike versions of so much else but not those?

It's a shame because every third-party Mac OS theme is less Mac OS like than Firefox's default theme. Frankly they all suck pretty bad and really make FF look much much worse than default by breaking so many controls.

So far I can't even find the png files that control the look of the button/address/title bar. I modified ones I thought were the right files but no dice. I can't spend much time on this, so I suppose I'll just put this on the shelf until Firefox 3.7 to see if they've done anything to fix the glaring issues. Firefox will be a complete non-starter unless the drop-down menus can be addressed, regardless of what other benefits any plugins might have.