How on earth do the cell phone companies avoid suspicion of collusion?

Example: I have pretty decent smartphone rates on T-Mobile. Well, at least when compared to the other guys. I get unlimited talk for $50, and "unlimited" data for $25 (unlimited up to 5GB, of course).

So recently I've been looking into getting my netbook connected to 3G, either using a MiFi from the CDMA carriers or a USB adapter from the GSM guys. The costs of the devices, as we all know, aren't the issue. It's the plans. What I want to know is why EVERY carrier charges $60 a month for a data plan for these devices. Every single one. Even T-Mobile, who can really only hang onto having lower prices than the competition, doesn't have lower prices here.

I'm only slightly complaining that the plans are different than what you get on a smartphone. In their minds, I'll use more data with a MiFi than on my Nexus One. This is debatable, but whatever. I'm more upset that there is no competition here.

When is something going to be done about this?

ps-the only advantage any of these carriers has is Sprint, where if you get 4G, your bandwidth is uncapped.