Originally Posted By: wfaulk
...unless you're thinking of other devices of yours that might be connecting via the MiFi at the same time the laptop is not.

Yes, of course! I should have my netbook open and ready every time I want to connect with my other devices?

Originally Posted By: gbeer
Originally Posted By: Dignan
what if I'm at a client's home, their computer is all messed up, and I need to download some programs to help them clean it off?

Should be better prepared that that. no/yes?

edit: so eat the cost.

That was one tiny example, and yes, I'm always ready with all the common apps I need on a USB stick, updated constantly with the latest virus definitions, etc, etc.

Fine, lets say I want to use my Zune HD to connect over WiFi so I can stream any song in the Zune Marketplace. That's something I can do on any WiFi network. I'd run out of bandwidth pretty quickly doing that.

Sorry, I mostly started this thread to blow off some steam smile There is a very clear solution to the complaints I have: make more money wink I could easily deduct a MiFi/Overdrive and its plan for my business. I just need to grow the damn business, which I'm finding is extremely difficult to do, so I suppose some frustration is coming from that as well.