Originally Posted By: tanstaafl.
[OK, Archeon, how did you get that superscript in your post? smile ]

Simple. The square meter sign comes standard on Belgian keyboards. smile

Originally Posted By: tanstaafl.

But, if you are operating at less than one third of the average consumption for your area, and I am operating at one quarter of what you are using (albeit smaller house, fewer people, more temperate climate, etc.) I guess I'm doing OK.

Gee, now I'm feeling bad again. But hey, on the other hand, that 1000 KWh/month is now: mid-winter, with temperatures as low as -10 degrees C. That electrical usage should easily get halved in summer when there is no need to have the heater on.

The price you're paying for electricity doesn't seem all that steep to me. I'm currently paying about 120 euro/month. Most people here are paying up to 200 euro/month or more (and, we've built a larger than standard house, I have to be honest about that as well - most houses here are between 100mē-200mē). It's because we were able to build such an eh... larger house I've searched for a possibility to get this house heated without getting choked by the electrical bill in the process. The extra insulation and geothermal heat pump did the trick. And I'm very happy when I say this because this heat pump was kind of a step in the dark. I know of nobody who uses such a system and it really isn't very common here. But it turned out quite nicely. smile