Hi,

Still having trouble. It says that it can't stat the drive. It has the same response as above shown below:

empeg:/empeg/bin# mke2fs /dev/sdc ##
mke2fs 1.19, 13-Jul-2000 for EXT2 FS 0.5b, 95/08/09
Could not stat /dev/sdc --- No such file or directory

The device apparently does not exist; did you specify it correctly?
empeg:/empeg/bin#

It does the same thing with and without the ##. I also went dierctly to the /bin directory and ran it from there with the same result.

I changed drives (another 12GB drive), tried it with hdc (instead of sdb or sdc), and it formatted fine (12GB, 90 inode tables). I was not able to get drive1 to mount. It gave the following response:

empeg:/empeg/bin# mkdir /t ; mount /dev/sdc /t
mkdir: cannot create directory `/t': File exists
mount: you must specify the filesystem type
empeg:/empeg/bin# mkdir /t ; mount /dev/hdc /t
mkdir: cannot create directory `/t': File exists
EXT2-fs warning: mounting unchecked fs, running e2fsck is recommended

I tried the strace as written above. It would not write an strace.log. I used the older method (./strace -f player &> /drive1/log), and it did write a 60k log file to drive1.

I tried to run emplode and it still thinks it needs to check the media and dies - but does write the log file on drive1. Is this because I am using hdc instead of sdc?

Meanwhile, I was able to format drive1 and write an strace log file to it. We at least know the hardware path works to drive1.

I still have something wrong somewhere, I guess.

What do you think?

Thanks for your time,

Ross