Originally Posted By: andy
Originally Posted By: mlord

File Manager
The current BEST file explorer/manager app (I've tried many others).
Can even browse/transfer files over wifi to/from Samba servers.

Oh dear. I installed that as the first file manager I found when searching, thought "ok so it is functional but a bit crappy, I'll find a decent one later".

I hate to think how crappy the worse ones are wink

I much prefer Astro, which can do those things as well.

Originally Posted By: MarkH
Voice Note, to send yourself a voice memo by email

I prefer using built-in functionality to installing an app to do it. If you initiate a voice command in Android and simply say "Note to self" then say what you want, it will automatically attach a recording of that message to an email, with the subject line containing the translation. I use it several times daily.

Originally Posted By: Shonky
Battery Monitor Widget (good battery logger):
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ccc71.bmw

Perfect. Installed the pay-version here now.

I should point out that ICS has a good version of this, too.

Originally Posted By: Shonky
Yep some common ones there. I have an Galaxy S III (ICS) and in the pull down it has toggles for things like data, wifi, bluetooth etc. Does Jellybean not have that?

JB has that, but the Mobile Data toggle is buried really inconveniently deep in the submenus. Bluetooth and Wifi are more accessible.

Mark, I think you might be misreading what he said. He's saying there's toggles in the notification shade, not as a widget on the home screen. AFAIK, there are no toggles in ICS on the notification shade, and this is something I've seen on Samsung devices in the past (though as usual, they don't do it very well). The app I just started using is this one, which has tons of customization options: Notification Toggle

Wifi Analyzer
A really, REALLY cool Wifi access point detector and reception analyzer.

I use this thing ALL the TIME for work to troubleshoot WiFi networks and sort out which WAPs are having issues. I love it. The only negative I have about it is that you need a plugin in order to connect to networks through it, which includes the ability to connect to specific WAPs. I've noticed on previous phones that this plugin is a little flaky and messes up my WiFi connection, and things improved when I uninstalled it. So I use WiFi Analyzer purely for scanning now, which is fine because it's great at it.