Originally Posted By: mlord
Wow.. that one seems to have been around longer.
So I tried to install it, but it refused to run -- insists I download/install a "codec package" first. So I did that, installing the exact package it wanted, but it still refused to run, insisting I install a "codec package" first, ... and so on .. NUKED.

Yeesh! My apologies! That is not a good experience. I'm still hoping for VLC to get better, since that's always been my go-to for video on Windows. No worrying about stupid codecs there...

Originally Posted By: mlord
Hard to know, as there's no demo version, and the price (only $6) is the most expensive of any apps I've installed thus far.

Perhaps, perhaps.. smile

Yeah, I'm a little surprised there's no demo of Tasker. And unfortunately I'm not sure how to check on that ability for you.

I think my least favorite change that Google made with Android was to reduce the 24-hour return window on the App Market to 15 minutes. That was the most bone-headed move they've made so far, and I'm disappointed that it stuck. 15 minutes is simply NOT long enough to tell if you'll like an app. It's barely long enough to tell if your app will even work on your device, which I guess is the only reason they have a window at all anymore. I would have been fine with a 12 hour window, 9 hours, 6 hours, even 3 hours. But 15 minutes? Bad move.

Anyway, that said, I still think Tasker is pretty awesome smile