Originally Posted By: robricc
It's funny how nuts you guys get with mattresses. I get it... it's an important life decision for some, especially when you have to take another person's comfort into account.

Heh, yeah, I'm really finicky when it comes to my comfort smile I also despise being too warm, especially when sleeping. I'm still waiting for someone to invent the magical "Always-stays-cool" pillow.

Quote:
I'll just toss in my recommendation. The primary reason I bought this Sleep Innovations mattress was the price. After sleeping on it for over a year now, I have to say I'm thoroughly pleased.

I will definitely take a look at that one, Rob. Amazon actually has several highly-reviewed mattresses, funny enough, including an [url=http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Dreams-Latex-Mattress-Queen/dp/B0051AQXZK]all-latex one[/quote]. I'm paying attention to return policies, and it's funny to me that they're better at Amazon than they are at the brick and mortar store where I bought our crappy pillowtop that I'll be saddled with forever...

Quote:
I didn't put a lot of thought into the purchase. I just needed a new mattress because my previous traditional $300 mattress was showing its age. I also wanted to try-out memory foam.

Another problem is that I like firm mattresses and my wife, I think, likes softer ones. Which do you prefer and does that memory foam model you bought suit you?

Quote:
It's relatively cheap and it's available with Prime shipping. I'm sure Amazon won't mind if you take it for a 30-day test drive. Just be aware that once you pierce the vacuum sealed plastic it's shipped in, it will never fit back in the original box again.

Haha, yeah, I've seen the videos of that opening process. It's pretty hilarious how much it expands. It reminds me of those capsules I used to get as a kid that you drop in water and the shell dissolves to release a big sponge in various shapes smile

Costco has some well-reviewed mattresses and has a great return policy, so I might check them out. But if I want latex, I might try that one I linked to on Amazon. Apparently, after you place your order the manufacturer gets in touch with you via email to ask what level of "firmness" you want, then they make the mattress to your specifications! They range from 1 (super firm) to 10 (soft) in 1-step and sometimes .5-step increments. Pretty nice customization for an Amazon seller.