No, I have not heard any word on this. I also haven't been looking... I'm happy with the Synology now that I have the work-around for DS Video. I still run Plex on it for some stuff; mostly the stuff I can't easily get any other way like the Zero Punctuation channel. In general, I just switch back and forth between the DS Video app and the Plex app as needed.

I will say this: Even when Plex is playing a video correctly, their app on the iPhone is a bit iffy. For example, sometimes it will exit the app (crash to desktop) while playing a video and then I have to go back into the app and hope it lets me continue controlling the video playback. Other times, while playing a video, if I try to press the pause button, instead of pressing pause it will drop back to the main menu screen without pausing the movie. And yet other times, if I sleep/lock the phone (press the button so the screen turns off) so that I'm not wasting the phone battery while the movie plays, there are problems getting it to control the movie when I wake up and unlock the phone.