AndroidTV / Chromecast: At this point, count me unsatisfied by Google's living room story. They're taking a very un-Googly throw-everything-at-the-wall-and-see-what-sticks approach.

Chromebooks + Android integration: Chromebooks run with both x86 and ARM CPUs, as do Android phones. Apps are distributed in Dalvik bytecode and (depending on Dalvik vs. ART) compiled when installed or run through a JIT or whatnot. It *is* possible to have native methods, compiled for a specific platform, included in your APK. I suppose there must be a "fat binary" equivalent for Android that lets you ship native x86 and ARM code, side by side.

Material Design: this is a combination of UI widgets plus "design language" (i.e., here's how to make a good looking Android app; use these sized fonts, this sort of line spacing, this way of emphasizing something, that way of stirring in colors, etc.).

Looking back at it, there are a couple large themes that shine through.

- Customized, context aware content. Google knows you and they'll make sure you see something appropriate. (Google Now on steroids...)

- Your stuff, on whatever device. Desktop? Check. Phone? Check. Watch? Check. Car? Check.TV? Umm, yeah. Also: you win if you buy into the whole ecosystem, and you get a partial win if you partially buy in. Like, an iPhone will play along for somethings, but an Android phone is better.

- As a developer, if you play nicely (e.g., leveraging the notiification APIs properly) then your stuff magically works on the watch and in the car without you having to do anything.

I'm really impressed with what Google's doing. They're pushing hard and moving fast, but there's clearly a big vision guiding all of this, and there's presumably even more to the vision than what we're seeing.