I have normal vision, but I am still flabbergasted by how many things in the world don't properly take color blindness into account.

For aircraft controls, for instance, a glass cockpit with bar graphs that change red/green, I think that might be OK, because isn't it true that you can't be a commercial pilot if you're color blind? I could be wrong about that. I think my information on this topic comes from an old episode of Northern Exposure. :-) But anyway, might point is, though that might be acceptable for a plane, it's not acceptable for a car.

But think about the simple idea of putting red and green lights on boats and planes so that you can tell which way they're heading at night. Whoever started that trend didn't take into account color blindness.

And traffic lights, for that matter. Yes, we have a system now where the vertical position of the lights takes care of that, but think how much nicer and more compact traffic lights could be if we simply had taken color blindness into account when we designed them in the first place?

I remember some video games catching flak a while back for making puzzles that couldn't be solved by color blind people. You'd think that in the game company there'd be at least a few team members who were color blind.