Thanks, Hussein! That's some great stuff you're working with there. I've worked with a colleague on a Control4 install and it's some impressive stuff. I don't like their UI or remote much, but I know the capabilities are impressive.

I've also seen those rack mount solutions before. Do they basically make those plates for all common kinds of components? I've seen ones for the odd shapes of the XBoxes and Playstations. The way they sit in there has always reminded me of trophies. Like someone shot and killed an XBox and have mounted its head in a rack laugh

Originally Posted By: Archeon
Originally Posted By: sein

If you do really like Chromecast Audio, take a look at the NAD CI 980 and CI 940. With one of each and six Chromecasts you would be done.

Then you could just as well buy a Dayton Audio MA1260 and be done with it in one unit and half the price. wink

Ooo, now you definitely have me thinking about my own home audio situation. I'd love to have one of these and run speaker wire to a bunch of zones in my home. For me, Chromecast Audios would be sufficient. For most people, though, they'll need something that supports Airplay. I guess I could do the same thing with a bunch of Airport Express units, but you'd loose that synchronized playback.

Looks like Google is the way to go for the cheapest solution, but CasaTunes would be the winner for least expensive Airplay option. Interesting.